Insect Bites and Stings in Pets
Pets can be bitten by ants, bees, wasps, spiders, and any other insect that stings or bites!
Why do so many dogs come to the veterinarian with a swollen face and muzzle?
Where are dogs faces most of the time? That’s right, in the dirt, sniffing around. They tend to have their muzzle in everything!
Sometimes we don’t even realize our pet has been stung. If you don’t see it happen you may not even know until your pet’s face begins to swell.
Some of the signs of a sting or bite include:
· Pain at site. Your pet may be crying out and you may not immediately know why
· Redness and swelling at the site. Easier to see if on the paw or belly
· Constant Licking at one area
Bites and Stings are not usually life threatening unless a swarm of bees attacks your pet outside or if your pet has a severe allergic reaction.
Will you know what to do if your pet gets bit or stung by an insect? Call now to schedule your Pet Saver Class! Kim at 602-359-3693. A 4 hour class could save your pet’s life one day!
Private In-home classes available for you and your neighbors. No more driving or taking extra time out of your day. I do all the set up and tear down. All you need is you, a large room, and minimum of 4 participants.
Thank you for being a responsible pet owner!